This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use your personal information in relation to Tiki Inc. ("TIKI") websites, products, and services that reference this Privacy Notice (together, "TIKI Offerings").
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the consumer data processed, stored, or hosted by our customers and their consumers using TIKI Offerings in connection with a TIKI account. See the agreement covering your access to your TIKI account and the User Data License Agreement for more information about how we handle consumer data and how our customers and their consumers can control said data through TIKI Offerings. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any products, services, websites, or content offered by third parties or have their own privacy notice.
TIKI takes a privacy-first approach to data. We strive to collect only what is necessary to provide an excellent service. When feasible, we prefer anonymity tools and data sources.
In the event we need to collect your personal information in the course of providing TIKI Offerings to you, here are the types of information we collect:
We may collect information you provide in relation to TIKI Offerings.
- subscribe to or purchase TIKI Offerings;
- create or administer your TIKI account;
- configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with TIKI Offerings;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or other information request forms;
- post on TIKI websites or participate in community features; and
- employ notification services.
We may automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with TIKI Offerings.
- visit, interact with, or use TIKI Offerings (including when you use your computer or other device to interact with TIKI Offerings);
- download content from us;
- open emails or click on links in emails from us; and
- interact or communicate with us (such as when you request customer support).
- network and connection information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet and information about your Internet service provider;
- computer and device information, such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plugin-in type and version, operating system, or time zone setting;
- the geographic region of your device or computer;
- authentication and security credential information;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details;
- TIKI Offerings metrics, such as offering usage, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, API calls, and other logs;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website (including date and time) and TIKI Offerings, content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, and page interaction information (such as clicks); and
- email addresses and phone numbers used to contact us.
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve TIKI Offerings. Our purposes for using personal information include:
We use your personal information to provide and deliver TIKI Offerings and provide transactions related to TIKI Offerings, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
We use your personal information to measure the use of, analyze the performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop TIKI Offerings.
In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information. For example, we collect data purchaser information to ensure compliance with data licensing agreements.
We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to TIKI offerings via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
We use your personal information to market and promote TIKI Offerings.
We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, their consumers, TIKI, and others.
We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
Permissioned data, zero-party data, consent-driven data, however, you wish to phrase it, is at the foundation of everything we do. We do not and will not share your personal information without your explicit consent for any purposes other than in the limited events described below. You will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose to share or not share the information.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include parsing receipt data, sending communications, and processing payments. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for any other purposes. Further, they must process that information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or services. In such transactions, personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the individual consents otherwise).
We release account and other personal information when release is required to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or security of TIKI, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention, detection, and risk reduction.
Tiki Inc. is located in the United States, and our affiliated companies are located throughout the world. Depending on the scope of your interactions with TIKI Offerings, your personal information may be stored in or accessed from multiple countries, including the United States. Whenever we transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
At TIKI, privacy and security are our highest priorities. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We maintain a wide variety of compliance programs and software that validate our security controls.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from TIKI Offerings by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean we may request proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
- We open-source our software so in addition to us, customers, researchers, and others may understand, validate, identify threats, and address potential issues.
You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with TIKI Offerings. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance.
- your name, email address, and other similar contact information;
- your subscription, purchase, usage, billing, and payment history;
- payment settings, such as payment instrument information and billing preferences; and
- email communication and notification settings.
You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. Many TIKI Offerings include settings that provide options for how your information is used. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain TIKI Offerings.
If you want to add, update, or delete information related to your account, please go to the TIKI Management Console. When you update or delete any information, we may occasionally keep a copy of the prior version for security or compliance purposes.
If you do not want to receive promotional messages from us, please unsubscribe or adjust your communication preferences in the TIKI Blog.
We don't provide TIKI Offerings for purchase by children. If you're under 18, you may use TIKI Offerings only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
TIKI Offerings may embed content provided by others or include links to other websites and applications. These companies may collect information about you when you interact with their content or services. We are not responsible for the practices of these companies. Please consult their privacy policies to learn about their data practices.
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of TIKI Offerings for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law (including for tax and accounting purposes), or as otherwise communicated to you. How long we retain specific personal information varies depending on the purpose for its use, and we will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
If you have any concerns about privacy at TIKI, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
For any prospective or current customers of Tiki Inc., our mailing address is:
Tiki Inc., 1814 Hayes Street, Nashville, TN 37203-2504.
If you interact with TIKI Offerings on behalf of or through your organization, then your personal information may also be subject to your organization's privacy practices, and you should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice may also change. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. You can see the date on which the latest version of this Privacy Notice was posted. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all personal information we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information collected in the past without informing affected customers and giving them a choice.